Training Programs
We will work individually with you to determine and coordinate your training needs, based on the requirements listed below, as well as your personal situation (location, availability, previous pilot status, previous experience, etc)

All first time Light Sport Aircraft (LSA) pilots are required to be trained by a qualified FAA Certificated Flight Instructor (CFI) and to obtain a Student Pilot Certificate from any FAA Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) or from a Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE).

You must be 16 years of age, you must possess a valid state-issued driver's license or photo ID (or a 3rd class airman medical certificate) and you must be able to read, speak and write in English language.

According to the FAA's Federal Aviation Rule 61.113 you must receive and log ground and flight training from an authorized CFI instructor on the following areas of operation (as appropriate):

*  Preflight preparation
*  Preflight procedures
*  Airport operations
*  Takoffs, landings, and go-arounds
*  Performance maneuvers, and performance speeds
*  Ground reference maneuvers
*  Emergency operations
*  Post-flight procedures

Fifteen hours of flight training from an authorized instructor in a gyroplane.  Three hours of flight training on those areas of operation specified in Sec. 61.311 preparing for the practical test within 60 days before the date of the test.  Five hours (minimum) of solo flight training in the areas of operation listed in Sec. 61.311 to include two hours of cross-country flight training.  Ten takeoffs and landings to a full stop (with each landing involving a flight in the traffic pattern) at an airport.  One solo cross-country flight of at least 50 nautical miles total distance, with a full-stop landing at a minimum of two points, and one segment of the flight consisting of a straight-line distance of at least 25 nautical miles between the takeoff and landing locations.


Only your Certificated Flight Instructor (CFI) is authorized to recommend you for a practical exam.  You must receive a logbook endorsement stating that you have met the requirements for Section 61.309, 61.311, and 61.313.  It is recommended that you study and take the test before actual flight training.